We are looking for an Account Executive with media relations experience to work in the fields of corporate public relations and investor relations to join our growing NYC headquarters. PR candidates will be working on multi-national accounts in a variety of industry sectors: financial services, insurance, healthcare and technology.
- Serve as day to day, primary contact for specific business units at multi-national financial services firm, providing qualitative and quantitative counsel on all aspects of media relations.
- Prepare a wide range of collaterals including press releases, bylined articles, media pitches, presentations, call scripts, Q&A’s, messaging platforms, client memos, media bios, briefing documents, fact sheets, etc.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to top-tier media with a wide range of targets including business/financial and industry trade press to secure placement for clients.
- Liaise with the media daily to maintain media/influencer contacts and continually build relationships. Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
- Execute on corporate communications and media relations campaigns to generate positive news coverage for clients and achieve product placement in broadcast, print, and digital media. Develop thought leadership and issues management campaigns to place clients as commentators in top-tier publications.
- Monitor press coverage daily and report results to the wider team and clients, as well as researching and maintaining editorial calendars and media lists.
- Manage clients’ social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Participate in the development of clients’ social media strategies, create organic/paid social campaigns, and deliver analytics reports on results.
- Identify and pitch clients to conference and event organizers for open speaking opportunities. Conduct outreach to conference media attendees and arrange interviews at the events for clients.
- Conduct, compile and produce quantitative and qualitative research for client use on a variety of communications and branding issues on corporate, product and executive reputation, both historical and forward-looking trends, as well as go-forward strategies for brand equity build.
- Design all internal and external firm collaterals, including new business presentations, client presentations, firm marketing collaterals, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Communications
- Proactive / reactive media relations experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- The ability to work well with others in a team and independently