Working at M Group Strategic Communications isn’t just about being the best and the brightest, or even about working hard to make a difference for some of the world’s top companies. It’s also about being part of a global team of professionals who lift each other up and learn from each other, each and every day… together.
We attack every day as a team looking to be creative, impactful and strive for excellence in everything we do. Work hard, play hard, that’s who we are.
Honesty, integrity, kindness, creativity, entrepreneurship, and hard work; those are the pillars of our business. We foster professional development for our junior level employees and provide a platform for senior-level counselors to spread their wings. Whether managing a roadshow in Hong Kong, promoting a product in Argentina, media training a client in the UK or developing a crisis preparedness strategy in the US, no one day is the same.
If this sounds of interest, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Position – Account Executive
We are looking for an Account Executive with media relations experience to work in the fields of corporate public relations and investor relations to join our growing NYC headquarters. PR candidates will be working on multi-national accounts in a variety of industry sectors: financial services, insurance, healthcare and technology.
- Serve as day to day, primary contact for specific business units at multi-national financial services firm, providing qualitative and quantitative counsel on all aspects of media relations.
- Prepare a wide range of collaterals including press releases, bylined articles, media pitches, presentations, call scripts, Q&A’s, messaging platforms, client memos, media bios, briefing documents, fact sheets, etc.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to top-tier media with a wide range of targets including business/financial and industry trade press to secure placement for clients.
- Liaise with the media daily to maintain media/influencer contacts and continually build relationships. Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
- Execute on corporate communications and media relations campaigns to generate positive news coverage for clients and achieve product placement in broadcast, print, and digital media. Develop thought leadership and issues management campaigns to place clients as commentators in top-tier publications.
- Monitor press coverage daily and report results to the wider team and clients, as well as researching and maintaining editorial calendars and media lists.
- Manage clients’ social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Participate in the development of clients’ social media strategies, create organic/paid social campaigns, and deliver analytics reports on results.
- Identify and pitch clients to conference and event organizers for open speaking opportunities. Conduct outreach to conference media attendees and arrange interviews at the events for clients.
- Conduct, compile and produce quantitative and qualitative research for client use on a variety of communications and branding issues on corporate, product and executive reputation, both historical and forward-looking trends, as well as go-forward strategies for brand equity build.
- Design all internal and external firm collaterals, including new business presentations, client presentations, firm marketing collaterals, etc.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or Communications
- Proactive / reactive media relations experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- The ability to work well with others in a team and independently
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, efficient and self-regulating – A-type personality. Media contacts are a plus, as is knowledge/interest in the financial markets, insurance and life sciences.
Salary based on experience + benefits. Please submit both a current résumé and a cover letter to: email@example.com